Queen Street Cafes & Easy Commutability Give Wings To This Character Classic
- 3 Beds
- 2 Baths
- 1 Car
A symmetrical villa in a Jacaranda-lined street; it's as quintessentially Adelaide as they come, here restored, renovated, extended and enticingly displayed on a professionally landscaped 775sqm block, a few short strides to Queen Street cafes and vintage stores. Enjoy convenience that nurtures lifestyle with an espresso to go, and ride the train to town in as many minutes as it takes your coffee to cool.
It's been a labour of love but, after almost 28 years, the hard work is done! That's 3,300 veranda tiles cleaned and re-laid, original-to-the-home leadlight reinstated, and metres of joinery polished for posterity - the sort that contemplates carefree enjoyment for decades to come. And it feels good!
The hall's Axminster carpet was specially loomed to fit, introducing larger rooms of privileged proportions (and timber floors) in a single-level floor plan that is both family and wheelchair-friendly.
It starts with four double bedrooms, (or three and a sunny lounge), including a master that's sequestered extra space for a nurturing ensuite.
An etched glass door at the end of the hallway creates a nice full-stop between sleeping and living zones, where 1992 additions have been matched, brick for brick, in an easy fusion of light and flow.
Love open plan but not quite ready for the square box on the back? Here, an updated kitchen with a 90cm gas stove, and a dining room brandishing a gas space heater, enjoy an open dialogue with a living area lavished with light, garden greenery and a palatial bathroom/laundry, given a luxury upgrade with a spa bath and underfloor heating.
French doors allow high-spirited kids and frequent guests to spill out towards skillion-roofed outdoor dining, and shrub and fruit-fringed lawns that are as quiet and private as any you'll find. That 3m sound wall certainly does its job and, no, you'd never guess that South Road lays 60m from your back fence.
For classic character, Croydon's legendary lifestyle and easy commutability, Thomas Street will tempt for sure!
More reasons to love this home:
- 1.5kw solar system with 44c distributor feed-in tariff until 2028
- Ducted evaporative cooling
- Instantaneous gas hot water with temperature controllers
- Gas space heater (dining), ducted to lounge/Bed 4
- Underfloor heating & spa bath (main bathroom)
- Wheelchair-friendly accommodation with mobility ramp to back door
- Coway electronic bidet seat (en-suite)
- Cable TV
- Electric gate across driveway (to side of house)
- Single brick garage with workbench & pet door
- 2 x automated garden watering systems
- 3 x 5,000-litre rainwater tanks, plumbed to white goods & garden
- Close to St Michael's College, St Margaret Mary's School & Kilkenny Primary
- Air Conditioning
- Close To Schools
- Close To Shops
- Close To Transport
- Polished Timber Floor
- Secure Parking
1 garage space
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.